Thursday, March 21, 2013

Our surprise pregnancy

February 16, 2013

It all started on a warm day in March.  Jeff was at a work conference in San Antonio (we were living in College Station) at the Hill Country Resort.  We were staying with mom and dad in Castroville, so I would go spend the night at the Resort and let mom babysit.  She and the boys would come swim in the lazy river with us during the day.  One day, Jeff and I even went to Sea World by ourselves and rode the rollercoasters over and over.  So fun!  I suspected I might be pregnant, but really thought there was no way.  Hunter was 8 months old and surely there was no way I was pregnant, right?  Curiosity got the best of me and I went and bought a 2 pack pregnancy test and took it the next morning.  I was stunned when I saw it was positive, so of course I took the 2nd one to be sure.  Yep, positive again... then my mind began spinning. 

Here is where my current guilty feelings begin.  I waited all day that day and did not say a word to anyone, which if you know me, you know that's not easy for me.  But it was pretty easy that day... what wasn't easy was trying not to think about it.  Finally that night I couldn't take it anymore.  The boys were at Mom and Dad's and I was at the hotel with Jeff.  We were on seperate beds (funny, huh?  what can I say??  We like our space when it's available! Ha!).  I was watching TV and he was looking at work stuff on the computer.  I couldn't even say it out loud to him... so I sent him a text message telling him "Surprise!  We are getting a 3rd baby sooner than later!".  Of course, he was in a bit of disbelief himself and pretty much sat shocked for half a second.  I immediately started sobbing because this was too soon and I wasn't ready.  Jeff was amazing right there from the beginning.  He kept saying, "Don't cry, this is a happy thing!  I'm happy!" 

Looking back, I feel so horrible because I was not excited about Molly right from the start.  Honestly though, it didn't take long for me to get on board with Jeff and be excited about our 3rd baby.  What choice did I really have anyway?  It was coming, ready or not... I really was happy once the initial shock wore off.  We were having a 3rd baby and now we had to announce it to the rest of the family.... .........  ....... Yeah...... how were they going to react to this news????


"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" --1 Thessalonians 5:18


No comments:

Post a Comment